Hello, hello… is this thing on? Yes, after another 2 month hiatus from the blog I am back with a new post. In the last post, I was just arriving back to St Andrews to start my final semester abroad (Seriously, where does the time go?!?). And wow, what the last 2 months have been! Here are a few headlines from the last post until now to catch you up:
February was a relaxing month with no guests or travels. Highlights:
– Joining a Hot Yoga studio and getting back to doing yoga on a daily basis. The 20 minute walk from Fife Park to the studio cuts through a nature walk, a primary school and a park so it’s enjoyable to say the least.
– Continuing to work on the B2D marathon’s publicity, including filming and editting a promotion video with my team members. Our dance marathon is so close and all the hard work is finally showing results. (Link to our page: https://www.facebook.com/borntodancemarathon/)
– Honing in my cooking skills by watching hours worth of Tasty videos. I learned how to make gluten free banana muffins and cauliflower pizza crust while refining my kale chip recipe. Thankful I can use my flatmates as my taste testers/guinea pigs.
– Exploring more and more of Edinburgh. I saw my friend Kate from high school. Kate is from Australia and I am from NY. The fact that we happened to be in Edinburgh at the same time is the definition of a small world. (If you’re reading this Kate, g’day mate!!!)
While February was a chill month, March was the complete opposite. Not only did I have a guest (my best friend Olivia from LI), I was travelling for 2 weeks of Spring Break. Highlights:
– Showing Olivia St Andrew’s ‘Ball-Culture’ by bringing her to SnowBall, sponsored by SAS.
– Spotting Nessie on the Highland & Loch Ness tour Olivia and I took (I have pictures to prove it!)
– Spending the whole first week of SB in Galway (The Kings Head, the Galway Street Club, watercolor painting, the doughnut man, silent disco, day trips galore, St Pats in Ireland, and LADS! LADS! LADS! / Shoutout to Kassy for not only being an amazing hostess but for always being up for playing Ed Sheeran’s new album on repeat)
– Spending the 2nd week of SB on The Scandinavian World Tour – stops including Copenhagen, Stockholm, Oslo and Bergen (Casey teaching Taylor and I how to play Michigan Rummy, trying and failing to use public hammocks, finding out Scandinavian mothers leave their babies outside in strollers when they go to coffee shops???, overpriced ice bars, the most beautiful malls in the world, Emilie hosting us at her magnificent home, hanging out in a literal cloud, our plane back to St Andrews being delayed/turned around mid flight/cancelled)
For the sake of brevity, I hope these quick tidbits are enough to hold you over until the next post which I promise will be very soon! Check out my pictures to see more photographic evidence of all the fun I had. Normally scheduled programming next time. Ok, I am off to write 2 papers while Harry Styles’ new song loops in the background. Talk to you soon.
Pics or it didn’t happen